Monday, December 15, 2008

tales of my favorite 2 year old...

heather here... back in californ-i-a.
you know what? i expected it to be warm here... but its not... it hasn't been over 60 degrees since i have been home! its slightly depressing. good thing i over packed, brought all my sweaters home, and paid forty bucks to check my bags onto the airplane. airplanes... or rather, airports, i hate them both.

let me tell you a tale:

friday, dec. 12th in the PM: BLIZZARD
saturday, dec. 13th in the AM: wake up several times in the morning because of heavy wind gusts, get out of bed, wipe out the oven, get ready for a day where i have no idea what is coming, finish packing, and get picked up at 11 AM by my best friend and faithful husband to go to the idaho falls airport (so small its confusing!) i am there in plenty of time. so, i check in, pay ridiculous amounts to check my baggage and remove my shoes to get through security. I haven't eaten, I am exhausted, and I have no idea what is about to happen!saturday, dec. 13th, 1 PM: my flight should be leaving, we haven't boarded a plane, or even seen one at the terminal where we think we are leaving from. turns out... our plane is still in SLC and they can't depart due to weather conditions... great! now i am going to miss my connecting flight! i go to talk to the delta rep. she says in her australian accent (where did they find an australian in idaho?) your connecting flight is delayed, so you might make it, but if not the other flight into ONT at 7:20 is booked... can i rebook you for tomorrow? "H NO!!!" says I, "Can you get me to LAX?" she replies yes, but it doesn't leave until 8:30, i will rebook you for that if you miss your connecting flight. "Perfect."
sometime during all of this i run into GARY!?
Saturday, Dec. 13th, 3:00 PM: we finally board the teeniest plane to go to SLC, i immediately fall asleep, wake up 20 min. later to find that we still haven't taken off due to de-icing... i'm definitely going to miss my connecting flight! great!
Saturday, Dec. 13th, 4:00 PM: arrived in SLC at last... I'm starving!!! where's CPK? mmm... delicious! now what am i going to do for FOUR HOURS!? buy magazine, buy sudoku book that is too hard, read ensign, consume peppermint hot chocolate from starbucks, sleep, consume chicken crowns and fries from BK
finally board flight to LAX at 8:00 PM
WHAT A DAY!? glad its over!

saturday my cousin JAKE turned 12 and was receiving the aaronic priesthood in his ward in lakewood on sunday(my brother got to stand in to circle to ordain him -- SO COOL!) after such a crappy day of traveling, seeing all my favorite family members was a must.

Kaile was there of course! She came and sat on my (Hoho's) lap during the longest sacrament meeting EVER! (due to their young women's program) i was sitting inbetween my mom (didi) and her uncle JACOB... she's 2 -- busy, loud, talks and giggles a lot, and too cute to handle! she's definitely very girly too. she had some "LISGLOSS" or "MAKEUP" and she proceeded to woo us into giving her all of our jewelry (my ring and "NECKALACE," my mom's two rings and bracelet and alex's class ring) she proceeded to put the neckalace over her head and the bracelet over her arm and stack all the oversized rings onto one of her tiny, pointer fingers. I said to her, "Kaile, you look like a pirate." She said, not quietly, "I am a PIRATE!" All around her were in stitches... she is so funny! Then she starts passing the rings out and saying "JACOBs a pirate! Alex is a pirate!" She was being VERY noisey so her grandma asked if she wanted to go outside and she said, "YES!" she doesn't realize its a punishment. i love her so much! she is so sweet, loves her family, always wants to know or can tell you where everyone is, gives kisses, and loves to shop, dance, sing, and be a girl! I love all of my family and am so excited to be home with all of them and see them as much as i can while i am home for the holidays!

don't worry roomies -- i miss you more than i miss anything in rexburg including my car, my mac, my snowboard, and horkleys!

PS: I HAVE BEEN DIET COKE FREE FOR 72 HOURS!

3 comments:

the girls upstairs said...

wow! you miss me more than horkley's!!! this must be eternal!!
-kristen

Rebecca M said...

Yay - glad you're back! I need a shopping day after Christmas for sure...you down?!?

The Rex Family said...

my kaile is a RIOT! I am SO glad you are home... but I wish it was FOR GOOD!