Saturday, June 13, 2009

two10 was burgled

nothing was stolen, hurt, or vandalized

here's the story:

remember when kelsey sacrificed me to the presmed intruder last fall? [remember it just happened to be whitney?]

well last night I felt kelsey's anxiety over someone attempting to burgle my apartment, except the actually succeeded in entering

at 3 am i was sleeping in my bed, clearly. i had only been asleep for maybe one and one-half hours. i heard someone pound loudly on the door. of you remember our door its noisey and hard to shut and i'm not sure why someone would knock before burgling.

but they knocked. proceeded to enter. then i heard the door shut.

i recognize that it was the wee hours and that i WAS incoherent. but i became paranoid.

there could be someone in my house.

if i move they will hear me.

i was convinced there was someone in my apartment.

i kept hearing things. i kept freaking out.

so at 3:30 am i called 911 from under my covers in my bed.

the dispatcher was kind and stayed with me til the cops came.

she then told me that i had to leave the safety of my room to let the cops in. i didn't think it was a good idea and i beat the cops to the door.

so i waited.

in my 3 o'clock in the morning head this WAS an emergency.

i was being burgled and i could get shot. but cops are never in a hurry,

they searched my apartment with their flashlights. they were very thorough. the found nothing. they took my info. and they left.

i felt a little silly. but i felt much better knowing for sure that there wasn't a burgle-murderer in two10. now i could go to sleep knowing my abode was safe from intruders.

but of course i couldn't sleep.

so i didn't.

2 comments:

KJ said...

wait, whhhatt???

stian said...

this is terrifyinggg!!! oh my gosh!!!!