Friday, July 3, 2009

conversations with a BRIDE

Many of you know that am the MOH in my best friend's wedding next weekend.

We've been best friends for about 4 years.

She's been engaged almost half of the time we've been friends.Long distance friends.

She just graduated from Lewis and Clark in Portland.

And I've been here.

We rendevouzed over summer, thanksgiving and christmas vacations.
Trips to utah and nordstrom.


As she's been wrapping up wedding plans over the last couple of months I've been stuck here in Idaho trying to graduate.

I was able to surprise her at her Bridal Shower a couple weekends ago.

But our only other contact has been via phone and instant messages.

So i've been the supporitive, long distance MOH.

Doing what i can from Idaho -- clearly, having limited, Idahoan resources.

I've planned the bachelorette party, designed and sent out those invitations.

Sent her a paper chain count down. Donned with lyrics to love songs and her wedding colors.

Made t.shirts for the bride and her attendants to wear on our day before the wedding and while we're getting pampered.

But although i have been far away we've been having the most comical, serious, full of venting conversations.


preface:
i am one of 2 maids of honor. but i have been refering to the other maid of honor as the "assistant to the maid of honor
" (office reference). we'll call her TINA.

character summary:
me, 'nuff said
linds, bride. levelheaded. picks and chooses her battles. not letting little things stress her out.
tina, bride's childhood BFF, flighty + flakey, living in st. louis with boyfriend, been m.i.a. for most wedding planning and will be m.i.a. wedding weekend until sat. night. impossible to get a hold of and won't return phone calls or respond to emails until weeks later, if at all.


ROUND 1:

So Linds calls me.

Linds: Tina is not getting in town until the night before the wedding. WTF?

Me: Are you serious?! I can't believe this?! She's ridiculous! What the freak is she thinking?!

Linds: You know what?! I don't even care. Mom told me that I should just tell her not to come.
But I can't do that. I'm to nice.

Me: You want me to? (pause) But seriously. I know you asked her to be your MOH too. Do you still want me to make her a MOH shirt? Is she giving a speech too?

Linds: Do whatever you want. I don't care. I don't want her to give a speech.

Me: Well I am not going to denounce her by t.shirt. So I'll just make her one anyways.

a few hours later tina calls linds.

Tina: (in a sweet, innocent, high pitched voice) Hi linds. How are you? Well you know I am not going to be there til saturday night but i wanted to plan some stuff. Can i call your mom later?

Linds: (pissed off) I don't care do whatever.

Tinda: (in the same tone) Ok. Well if you need help with anything let me know.

Linds relays the message to her mom. Mom is mad. Linds relays the message to me.

Me: If i were her. There is no way I would be calling the mother of the Bride i've been blowing off. Or me. (you see I have been e.mailing her and she preceded to email me the same thing she told lindsay:

Hey love!

Hope everything is going well. I won't be able to attend the bachlorette party because I'll still be in St. Louis. I would love to help out any way I can. I was thinking of decorating the rooms before you get there Saturday and doing something low key but fun for Linds thar night. Please let me know if I can help out anyway...money, ideas or what not. If love to help. :-) Hope to hear from you soon.

tina)

I don't want her money or her help! I just want her to be there! I hope she calls me! I'll give her a piece of my mind!

Linds: I hope she calls you and then calls mom. Then she'll probably figure it out and get her head on straight.



Round 2:


(via fb chat)

Linds: Hoho!

Me: Hey Lady!

Linds: I get to see you in less than two weeks!

Me: I know!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Linds: We're going to ball!

Me: I know!!!!! Bring on the water proof mascara!!!

Linds: CHECK! Already got some!

Me: LOVE YOU!

Linds: LOVE YOU MORE!


Round 3:

(via text message)

preface -- so i bought linds some negligee for her bridal shower. i found the perfect pair, it was even on sale (at VS of course) however the top was a size too big but i figured she could try it on and if it didn't fit we could exchange it. She opened it up at the shower and loved it.

Me: Did you try on that lingerie top yet.

Linds: No.

Me: Well, i am at VS and they have it in your exact size now so i just wanted to know if you needed me to pick up your size.

Linds: I'll try it on right now and let you know.

waiting...

Linds: TOO BIG!!

Me: Alright. I'll get the right size!

Linds: Thanks! We'll swap in a week!

Me: Perfect!

Linds: YAY!

Me: Did you find a garter yet??

Linds: No. Still working on it.

Me: I've got my eye out for you!



Round 4:


(via email)

Hey Girls!

I just got my hair done (yay) and we were talking about getting our hair done and what not...since we have to be ready to go by 8:30 it looks like we'll have to start getting our hair done around 4:30 in the morning! OMG! I will get final times from her by Wednesday, but just giving you a heads up so you can prepare yourselves. EESH! Anyways, I will be seeing you all on Thursday! Hugs!

Love you!
~Linds
--
Thats disgusting!!!! And cruel and unusual punishment.

But I'd do anything for you dear {refer to the song from OLIVER!}

LOTS OF LOVE!

See you in 6 days!!!!

BBBBAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOHO

PS: Saw My Sister's Keeper.
No one else should torture themselves through that movie.
Don't do it!
But I would give you my kidney. If i believed in donating my organs. Remember the stupid organ donoring lady-WHACKO at the hospital??
BUT I LOVE YOU TIL THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!!!!! {which i think is a reference from Oklahoma!}
--
I believe it's cruel and unusual as well...i about died when she said that. Kill me! I can't believe you're going to be here in 6 days! I want it to be NOW! I LOVED your references throughout...fabulous!

Love you!
~Linds

ps...

Have NOT seen my sisters keeper and refuse to! But, yes I do remember the whacko lady...and there is no doubt in my mind that I would donate a Kidney or a boobie to you...I don't know why you want my boobs, but I'd give it to you none the less!

No comments: